Friday, June 19, 2009

Hooters @ Clarke Quay

Eugene, unlike his usual self, suggested bringing me to Hooters for dinner. He is a boyfriend who seldom had surprises, ideas or plans for dates so I was really excited that evening.

Since he was not hungry and my tummy not in a good condition (have been eating too much spicy food for the last few days), we ordered some finger foods to share. We both agreed on a 10 piece chicken wing since it is Hooter's signature dish and a beef fondue cos I was craving for cow meat. Food was served within 10 minutes or so. Impressive. The wings were juicy and tasty but was served rather cold. It would have tasted alot better if it was piping hot. The beef fondue was interesting. Deep fried beef cubes served with wedges and 3 different condiments (black pepper, curry mayo, B.B.Q). The beef was well seasoned and very tender. It went well with either of the 3 condiments. The wedges, however, were too dry for my liking.


We strolled lazily along the river after dinner in search of a dessert place.

My dessert of the day: Turkish Ice Cream. Saw the ice cream man swivel the ice cream cone 360 degrees, playing a fool with his patrons. Passer bys had so much fun watching. It was my first attempt on Turkish Ice Cream. The texture was chewy like my favourite mochi balls. One thing I loved about it was it did not melt as fast as our usual ice creams. I always make a mess whenever I ate ice cream cones but managed to savour my entire Turkish Ice Cream cone without staining my top that day.

No comments: