Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crazy Day

So glad I got to meet up with Meiqi today! This dear friend aka soul mate aka distant relative of mine is almost uncontactable. She takes ultra long to reply sms-es and seldom picks up her phone when people call. Anyway, our story dates all the way back to 8 years ago in secondary school. Forgot how we got so close, considering she was in table tennis and I was in badminton. People in our class (sports class) tend to forge closer ties with their sports mates so I suppose it was quite a miracle that Meiqi and I built such a strong bond? We used to hang out after school at our secret hide out in Paya Lebar. The place, isolated (from school) as it seemed, housed our favourite Bubble Tea shop and a quiet foodcourt where we would chat till the sky darkened.



We always have sooo much to talk about each time we meet, I bet the people queueing outside Aston's this evening were cursing and swearing at us cos we took hours to finish our meal. I really love such meet ups with girlfriends, it brings so much comfort to the soul as we share our joys and sorrows.


We parted after dinner and I went on to meet Vincent and his bunch of army friends. Vincent was my colleague in Robinsons. I worked as a full timer at Robinsons three years ago while waiting for school in TP to commence. Vincent claimed one of his close army buddies is going to NUS Communications & New Media too so wanted to introduce him to me and asked me to join his gang of friends that night for supper. Turned out 2 of my HTM coursemates hang out very often with them too! What a small world! And so I met up with Vincent and people whom I do not know at all except for 2 of my coursemates for supper. So wierd but interesting.

No comments: